New Reef the Lost Cauze and King Syze track “Sigel” from their upcoming “Year of the Hyenas” EP out Dec. 16th. Track produced by Grim Reaperz.
New joint from the new Army of the Pharaohs “Heavy Lies The Crown” album out now. Featuring Crypt the Warchild, Planetary, Celph Titled & Des Devious. Produced by Nero.
Many moons ago, when Vinnie Paz and some of the Philly guys crashed at my apartment one night in Boston, an old, old picture somehow surfaced of my frail 11 year old body flexing. The flexing itself was ridiculous, but the fact I was in nothing but my home-made “Macho Man Randy Savage” tighty whities put it over the edge. Yeah, way back then, when I was 11, I was such a wrestling fanatic that I wrote “Macho Man” on the back of my undies and paraded around the house like that. The night the Philly guys found this picture was a night I’ve yet to live down, so trust me, 15 years later, when we suddenly found ourselves in a wrestling ring, and I’m wearing a skin-tight singlet by choice, old memories have come full circle. We laughed forever that night, and laughed forever during this “Terrorstorm” video shoot.
That morning, every dude in the crew arrived by themselves, as themselves: Paz with no wig, Crypt with no warpaint….you know, Reef had a shirt on and shit. Everybody acted cool, like this was just another video shoot…until the wigs came out, the shirts came off, and the animals arrived. Bessie was the chosen one out of five canines that our homie Stress brought to the set. He’s as much of a dog person as I am, so for him to offer his canine army for the video meant a lot. My “Sleezar Millan” character needed a mascot/manager, and Bessie came through BIG. I can only imagine what she was thinking during the shoot, being passed from a guy at a urinal “fake-peeing” to a big masked wrestler over and over again. We probably spent two hours on that bathroom scene alone, and I assure you, getting ambushed by 5 wrestlers kicking me in the gut and sticking my face in and out of a piss pot isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
We’ve had a few silly moments in our careers individually, but as AOTP, we’ve always been the mic-murdering, metaphor-mastering monsters who never crack a smile. The truth is, we clown around all the time and I hope this collective effort shows you a side seldom seen from us. Pablo, one of the longest tenured Superegular /
I was like a toddler in a bouncy house; I was testing the ropes, the turnbuckles, and dropping elbows on the mat. I was demanding that Crypt throw me into the ropes. Suddenly I was that 11 year old kid again. Even my experiences with John Cena never led to any ring work- just studio, music, and “can-you-please-come-up-with-som
Nope, “Terrorstorm” is.
One could say making this video was the most fun I’ve had since my Dad (the opposite of a wrestling fan) forced himself to bring me to see the Road Warriors at the Crockett Cup in Baltimore in ’87. My only wish was that it was 60 minutes long and all of the characters could shine a light on their backstories. Yeah, I was into it…before we even finished the treatment I was designing t-shirts for my character, ‘Sleezer Millan, the Best in Show” and inventing his signature moves (“the dog catcher,” Bessie’s bone, the “sit pretty,” and preferring to settle grudges in a “steel crate match”). I wasn’t alone by any means, as Vinnie was talking about this “Perfect Pazzie” gimmick weeks before the shoot. I knew the feeling he had striking Hallowicked with that belt, it’s like dunking the ball for the first time. When Reef was Junkyard Dogging it in the ring, he was a natural like Butch Reed and lit the room up. My DDT wouldn’t have been possible without Ophidian making me look like an ’87 Jake Roberts. The whole thing was as fun as it looked and I’m glad people are digging it!
Shouts to Yan the Phenomenon and Peter, Chris, and Novak at Prime Cut for their hard work making this video what it is. If you want a Sleezer Millan shirt, get at me. If you want an AOTP shirt & cd go to www merchdirect com/jedimindtricks and don’t forget: “Heavy Lies the Crown” drops 10/21, and the “Pharaoh Crew” is live in Santa Ana 10/22 and LA on 10/24. We are accepting reality show offers.
NEW MUSIC: ARMY OF THE PHARAOHS “WAR MACHINE” FEAT. VINNIE PAZ, REEF THE LOST CAUZE, CRYPT THE WARCHILD, CELPH TITLED, ESOTERIC & APATHY
New Pharaohs music. “War Machine feat. Vinnie Paz, Reef the Lost Cauze, Crypt the Warchild, Celph Titled, Esoteric & Apathy. Produced by Frank Dukes.
We’re excited to drop the first single, “The Tempter and the Bible Black,” from the new Army of the Pharaohs album Heavy Lies The Crown today. This one features Vinnie Paz, Planetary, Esoteric, Apathy and Celph Titled and was produced by Stu Bangas with cuts from DJ Kwestion.
Heavy Lies The Crown drops 10.21.14, but is available for pre-order now through iTunes or as an exclusive pre-order bundle with CD, download, t-shirt, stickers, and poster through our online store at www.merchdirect.com/jedimindtricks.
To celebrate the album dropping, the AOTP crew will be playing two rare shows in Cali the week of release. These are the only shows scheduled.
10/22 – Santa Ana, CA – The Observatory
10/24 – Los Angeles, CA – El Rey Theatre – TIX ON SALE SAT. 9/13 AT 10AM PST.
Can’t thank you guys enough for always supporting,
The Enemy Soil/JMT crew
Here’s the tracklist for Heavy Lies The Crown:
1. War Machine featuring Vinnie Paz, Reef the Lost Cauze, Crypt the Warchild, Celph Titled, Esoteric & Apathy (Produced by Frank Dukes)
2. Blood Storm featuring Crypt the Warchild, Planetary, Celph Titled & Des Devious (Produced by Nero)
3. The Tempter and the Bible Black featuring Vinnie Paz, Planetary, Esoteric, Apathy & Celph Titled (Produced by Stu Bangas)
4. Serpent King featuring Blacastan, Celph Titled, Crypt the Warchild, Planetary & Zilla (Produced by C-Lance)
5. The King’s Curse featuring Vinnie Paz, Celph Titled, Planetary, Apathy & Esoteric (Produced by DJ 7L)
6. Terrorstorm featuring Vinnie Paz, Celph Titled, Block McCloud, Reef the Lost Cauze, Esoteric, Crypt the Warchild & Apathy (Produced by C-Lance)
7. Conjure the Legions featuring Esoteric, Planetary, Apathy, Vinnie Paz, Crypt the Warchild, Celph Titled, Reef the Lost Cauze, King Syze & Lawrence Arnell (Produced by C-Lance)
8. Fed to the Lions featuring Vinnie Paz, Reef the Lost Cauze, Planetary, Apathy, Esoteric & Celph Titled (Produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
9. Sword and Bullet featuring Doap Nixon, Crypt the Warchild, Demoz & Vinnie Paz (Produced by Shuko)
10. Wrath Prophecy featuring Zilla, Planetary, Doap Nixon & Celph Titled (Produced by Beatnick Dee)
11. Conversation with a Bullet featuring Zilla, Celph Titled, Planetary & Vinnie Paz (Produced by Juan Muteniac)
12. The Hate and the Blame featuring Apathy, Esoteric, Lawrence Arnell, Vinnie Paz & Crypt the Warchild (Produced by Todd Spadafore)
13. Becoming the Absolute featuring Crypt the Warchild, Apathy, Zilla & Vinnie Paz (Produced by DJ Skizz)
14. The Quickening featuring Planetary, Esoteric, King Syze & Blacastan (Produced by MTK & Kevin Lavitt)